Objective: To become an integral part of a team where I can contribute my strong work ethic and my aspiration to constantly improve my skills and abilities.
Skills & Proficiency
HTML5 & CSS
- Work with full-time and student developers, and a business analyst, on an Agile team, on the development of the school’s admissions applications, using .NET (C#, MVC/console/desktop), Dynamics, and campus APIs.
- Meet with stakeholders on development needs, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Continue to support, and cross-train, applications that were developed as Web Applications Developer.
- Lead effort to migrate team’s codebase from Team Foundation Server to Git.
- Develop ad-hoc queries and reports, in SQL Server Reporting Services and BI Reports, for faculty and staff.
- Worked with full-time and student developers, designers, and usability experts, on an Agile team, on the design and development of both external and internal web applications.
- Met with clients on development needs and application training, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Member of campus-level accessibility groups, participating in meetings and demos, as well as driving adoption of a campus-wide accessibility tool.
- Added and updated functionality within and for Sitecore-based websites, which runs the school’s core external websites.
- Developed and implemented numerous web applications for faculty, staff, and students, using ASP.NET MVC/Web Forms and jQuery.
- Developed integration services for campus WordPress using JSON and XML.
- Structured and migrated existing codebases from Team Foundation Server and .bak files to GitLab.
- Documented need for, and setup and integrated, TeamCity (with IIS) in our development workflows.
- Interfaced with Microsoft Dynamics CRM for both reading and writing of data from the web.
- Worked closely with and without a DBA on database design, and queries for SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Served as Interim Assistant Director of Web as the team went through organizational change.
- Migration of project tracking web application from ColdFusion to ASP.NET MVC. (State Bar of Wisconsin)
- Website development, including design to HTML, added functionality, bug fixes with existing systems, and initial setup.
- Content production, involving updating existing content, entry of new content, and regular or occasional updates to a site, whether via a CMS or physical files.
- Worked with clients directly and as an additional resource for other web developers and designers.
- Photography and image preparation for the web.
- Lead/sole Web developer
- Worked with existing classic ASP and ColdFusion sites, while developing new functionality and entire Web sites with ColdFusion and ASP.NET (C#).
- Developed multiple administrative tools, including a Web-based project management utility for book production, newsletter generator outputting HTML and text versions, and an ad rotator.
- Customized template over the course of three redesigns (including moving from a table-based structure to CSS).
- Created a handful of tools using APIs provided by state agencies and third-parties (including Fastcase and LYRIS).
- Created Web services (WCF) for third-parties to access or send data, as well as facilitate single-sign-on functionality.
- Internal and external Web sites created with ASP.NET MVC.
- Primarily handled incoming content addition and revision requests from both internal and external customers, and the timely handling of these requests for both of the State Bar of Wisconsin’s external web sites, WisBar.org and LegalExplorer.com.
- Coordinated a weekly email list containing Wisconsin case law.
- Assisted in development of new functionality on the Bar’s external and internal sites using both ColdFusion (MX 6.1) and Classic ASP, while learning both.
- Performed Web Developer responsibilities on two different occasions, when existing individuals left to pursue other opportunities. (Responsibilities detailed above.)
Stack Exchange - Stack Exchange profile.